Bret Michaels is a B list 80’s rocker who reinvented himself as a self promoting reality star several decades after the hair band music scene died a violent death by grunge music. Although he still tours throughout the year with his 80’s glam band Poison, these days Bret is better known for his numerous TV appearances. He never seems to sit still, always making sure he is in the public’s eye starring in as many reality shows as he can get. This go getter attitude has racked in millions of dollars in earnings for him. It seems like Bret has a new reality show out every other week. ‘Rock of Love with Bret Michaels’, ‘Celebrity Apprentice 3’, ‘Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It’ and his latest ‘Rock My RV” on the Travel channel. Bret is kind of like a hair band cockroach that keeps on surviving decade after decade of getting doused with bug spray over and over again. He’s dodged deaths bullet more than once too. He has lived with Type I diabetes for almost his entire life, it’s almost killed him on several occasions. He also lived through a life threatening brain hemorrhage. The guys a survivor.
Some Bret Michaels Facts:
– His real name is Bret Michael Sychak
– As lead singer of his band Poison he has sold more than 45 million records worldwide
– He was born in Pennsylvania, in the city of Butler, north of Pittsburgh.
– Diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at the age of six.
– Has a line of pet clothing and accessories called Pets Rock
– He has 2 daughters and has their names and birth dates tattooed on his arm.
His list of ink looks like this:
– Back right shoulder says ‘life love tragedy’.
– Music note on his hand
– Left upper arm: Poison badge.
– Right forearm: His daughters names and birthdays: Raine Elizabeth 05-20-00 and Jorja Bleu 05-20-05. there is a star between them.
– Upper right arm: Rose with a dagger through it and ribbon that has the words “Every Rose Has its Thorn’.
– Left forearm: Cross with a rose with the words “Something to Believe in”
Bret Michaels fan tattoos.
His fans are fanatical about him. So much so that several have permanently tattooed his face on their body.