Pharrell Williams was born in Virginia Beach, Virginia on April 5th, 1973.
He first got noticed in his band The Neptunes and soon after he formed the group N*E*R*D.
Pharrell then started collaborating with some of the biggest stars in the music industry. Snoop Dog, Gwen Stefani, Beyoncé, Maddona, Shakira to just name a few.
He wrote the world wide hit single, Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” and he wrote, produced and performed the mega hit song ‘Happy’ from the movie Despicable Me 2.
In March 2014, Williams joined The Voice as the new coach replacing CeeLo Green.
Pharrell Removes Tattoo
Pharrell was quoted in Vogue magazine explaining the procedure he under went, He said “It’s basically like getting a skin graft, but you’re not taking skin from your ass or your legs. These guys actually grow the skin for you,” “First you have to give them a sample of your skin, which they then replicate. Once that’s been done, they sew it on – and it’s seamless.”
The below picture shows the results. It looks like follow up procedures are necessary for a complete removal.
– He plays keyboards and was in his high school marching band.
– He’s married to model/designer Helen Lasichanh.
– In 2003 43 percent of songs played in the US. were produced by the Neptunes.
– The Neptunes originally wrote Justin Timberlakes album ‘Justified’ for Michael Jackson.
– He grew up in the skateboard culture and he goes by the nickname ‘Skateboard P’. His brother is a professional skateboarder
– Won two Grammy awards in 2004. One for Producer of the Year and the other for Best Pop Vocal Album.
– The hit song happy was originally written for singer CeeLo but Pharrell decided to keep the song for himself.
– Pharrell was into tattoos when he was younger and covered quite a bit of himself with ink. He says he regretted getting so many tattoos and has since had surgical treatments to remove several of them.